Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide form highlighting

Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Acrobat 8 Professional to create fillable forms. The finished product has the form fields highlighted when the pdf is viewed online.

I do not want the form fields highlighted, but I can't figure out how to turn them off.

An example can be found here: http://tournascore.com/katy/2017%20Championship%20Flight%20brackets.pdf

http://tournascore.com/katy/2017%20Championship%20Flight%20brackets.pdf

Can someone please tell me how to turn these highlights off? It looks terrible online.

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable the fields highlighting by embedding this line of code in your file, as a doc-level script:

app.runtimeHighlight = false;

IMPORTANT! This setting affects not just your file, though, but all files opened on that computer, so it might be a good idea to notify users first, and maybe ask their permission, before making this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I embed that in the file? But, due to your warning, I'm not so sure I want to do that. I am ok with controlling my file, but not others private files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Tools - JavaScript - Document JavaScripts.

You can do it like this:

if (app.runtimeHighlight && app.alert("To best view this document it is recommended to switch off the form fields highlighting. However, this will affect the rest of the PDF files you open, not just this one. Would you like to do it anyway?",2,2)==4) app.runtimeHighlight = false;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's a cool solution. But, I guess my version of Acrobat Pro (8) is too old. I do not have the JavaScript option under my Tools menu. I looked through all the other menu tabs and it isn't there. Is there another way to code it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a long time since I used that version... Maybe it's under Advanced, or something like that.

But you can also embed the script using the JS-Console, using this code:

this.addScript("load", "if (app.runtimeHighlight && app.alert(\"To best view this document it is recommended to switch off the form fields highlighting. However, this will affect the rest of the PDF files you open, not just this one. Would you like to do it anyway?\",2,2)==4) app.runtimeHighlight = false;");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find these now. I think I might be getting close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines