• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open file

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file that was created before cannot open, when i click to open the file, photoshop program starting to open and than it show new file dialog box.While view from folder it show the file size is zero.What happen to my psd file and how to solve this matter?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no idea of what you have. Is the PSD file on you system can you see it in Finder or Windows File explorer? Open should show an open file doialog not Photoshop's new document dialog. There is an Open file dialog and a save file dialog there is no new file dialog. Photoshop is a document editor not a fle editor.

If what you see is an open File dialog and it shows the PSD file ant the its size is 0. Then fthe file was not save correcty it is corrupt. You need to start over from scratch.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, please refer to below answer (Bold/Underline) :

• Adobe product and version number ; Adobe Photoshop CS6 Version 13.0.1
  • Operating system and version number ;

• The full text of any error message(s) ; no error message, but while trying to open it start to open a new project/file and when i view the file in the folder it do not show the file size ( 0 )

• What you were doing when the problem occurred ; just close the new file open dialog box
  • Screenshots of the problem

• Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 on windows should be either perpetual version 13.0.1.3 or subscription extended version 13.1.2 and ACR version 9.1.1. The Quadro 4000 device driver should newer then the one you show. The Open File dialog in CS6 is a windows dialog CS6 shows I'm using windows 8 actually that is wrong I use Windows 10 so my Window's 10 Dialog will be different then yours yet the one you show does not look correct to me and PSD file should not have a 0 file size like you show.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines