• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unwanted blur at frame edge

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied (Gaussian) blur to a png-file that shows two white squares. The white surfaces (before being blurred) run until the top edge of the 'film' frame, but Ae blurs the top edge of the white squares as if there is some space between the top edge of the squares and the top edge of the film frame. Any way to avoid this to happen? I could work with masks, but it gets messy at the top corners of the white squares (they move around, it's a png-sequence).

THTH_4P_HD_FRONT_40001-46581.mov5400.jpg

BlurProblem (0-00-01-04).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

This problem is a lot easier to diagnose if you include a screenshot with the modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed. Just select the layer and press the U key twice. I'm guessing that the edge of the comp frame matches the edge of the png file. If that is the case then turning on Repeat Edge Pixels would simply remove the blur because there is no detail in the white squares. You could check out how Repeat Edge Pixels works by loading a photograph into the timeline, movin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is a lot easier to diagnose if you include a screenshot with the modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed. Just select the layer and press the U key twice. I'm guessing that the edge of the comp frame matches the edge of the png file. If that is the case then turning on Repeat Edge Pixels would simply remove the blur because there is no detail in the white squares. You could check out how Repeat Edge Pixels works by loading a photograph into the timeline, moving it to the edge, applying a fair amount of blur and then cycling the option on and off. From all indications the effect is working as designed.

If you can't solve the problem by scaling the images vertically or there is something else going on in your composition let us know and provide a screenshot that tells us something about what you are doing in the comp. Otherwise you'll have to replace these white squares with ones that extend beyond the edge of the frame. I would just use shape layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you added the blur to an adjustment layer.  Don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I didn't use any adjustment layer, I applied the blur effect directly to the png-sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the png sequence is the same size as the comp frame you have two . If the image sequence has a transparent background then you have to add a black solid to the bottom of the timeline, pre-compose, then add your blur to the pre-comp and turn on repeat edge pixels. This will sharpen up the edges but blur the detail. If the image sequence has a solid background then turning on Repeat edge pixels will fix the problem. Like I said before, a screenshot showing exactly what's going on in the project and with the footage would help us nail down a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick, turning on 'repeat edge pixels' worked fine. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines