• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid certifying signatures only in Adobe reader DC

Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've two certified documents (beid certified with the same eid), both valid in different tools (Itext7 and Foxit). But when I check the validity in Adobe Reader DC, only one of them has the green mark.

What could be wrong with the failed one ?

Here are the onedrive link towards each of them :     https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkF6t4TavwMvgxjJd_deb75ZXVOq

Thanks in advance

David L.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I notice that the signature properties do not show an Adobe product was used to certify the PDF. Therefore, we cannot be sure about the signature. File name: Badcertification.pdf

Acrobat and Reader will notice any change to a file, not just edits. A small change within the file can occur during upload, download or email that can invalidate the signature. Sometimes the changes do not update the page content but are in the internal file structure.

Let us kn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I notice that the signature properties do not show an Adobe product was used to certify the PDF. Therefore, we cannot be sure about the signature. File name: Badcertification.pdf

Acrobat and Reader will notice any change to a file, not just edits. A small change within the file can occur during upload, download or email that can invalidate the signature. Sometimes the changes do not update the page content but are in the internal file structure.

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually the cause was a bug in iText 7.0.0..7.0.3 which has been fixed in iText 7.0.4, see this stack overflow question and answer. The shared documents had been generated by iText 7.0.3.

The underlying problem is the same as here and here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines