• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I open my Nikon D3400 RAW files in Photoshop CS5?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 extended but it doesn't recognise the files from my new camera, a Nikon D3400.  Can anyone advise what I need to do?

Thanks.

Janine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from uograding to photoshop cc you could use adobe dng converter to convert the Nokon D 3400 nefs to dng copies which then cs5 should be able to open.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

how to use the dng converter

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That worked. I had a version of DNG converter but it wasn't 9.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without upgrading, you won't have direct raw file support.  All the latest Raw file formats are supported in Adobe's latest software.  DNG converter will allow you to process your files but with an extra step. 

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines