Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked FLA images/video/sounds not loading when published

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have been handed a project and I have been asked to make it work when it's published. At the moment it's working in the test environment, but when published the linked FLAs fail to load. It works just fine in previous versions of Flash, but with Animate, it fails to load.

My knowledge of Animate is limited, and I don't know ActionScript. Any direction you can provide will be beneficial.

I have done some research in various forums and my initial thoughts are it could be a URL (the reference to the XML file in the portfolio.fla) not resolving:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12645556/flash-builder-urlrequest-local-path-not-resolving

The debugger is throwing this error when the portClick event is clicked:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2036: Load Never Completed.

I'm not even sure if the project is ActionScript 2 or 3.

Thanks in advance for your help. Here is the shared content from my Google Account:

Artistic.zip - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

The local location has to be set as a trusted location. Go to this page:

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Global Security Settings panel

and click the Edit Locations drop down menu, Add Location, and Browse for Folder. Find your 'Artistic' folder and add it. Then your videos should work.

Another solution for local playback is to go into Publish Settings and check the Projector option. You can do Mac and Windows. The Mac projector will play the files ok, even if they are in a new untrusted

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your files seem to be ok. It is AS3, but the HTML has an old way of detecting the Flash plugin, and so won't load the content.

What is an example set of actions that will show a problem? I could watch the videos ok by opening index.swf in Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I publish the project and open the index.html file I can't get the content to display in linked swf files. I have tried in Safari, Chome and Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the debug Flash Player, and I see a lot of errors when I try a publish of the index.html. I'm trying to see what's causing the errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the files run ok when they are online, just not locally. Try this link and tell me if anything isn't working:

index

In the publish settings HTML Wrapper section I had to check the "Detect Flash Version" box in order for the page to load ok. And of course in Safari I had to click the button to give permission for the plugin to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin, that's right. You're link works perfectly fine, but locally this is what I get when I click on the portfolio button:

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 12.35.39 PM.png

And here are my publish settings:

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 12.34.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 12.33.52 PM.png

I appreciate you taking a look at this for me. Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The local location has to be set as a trusted location. Go to this page:

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Global Security Settings panel

and click the Edit Locations drop down menu, Add Location, and Browse for Folder. Find your 'Artistic' folder and add it. Then your videos should work.

Another solution for local playback is to go into Publish Settings and check the Projector option. You can do Mac and Windows. The Mac projector will play the files ok, even if they are in a new untrusted folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch, Colin. Adding the desktop as a trusted location did the trick. I really appreciate your help. So will the teacher, and the students that I was assisting. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Another solution for local playback is to go into Publish Settings and check the Projector option. You can do Mac and Windows. The Mac projector will play the files ok, even if they are in a new untrusted folder.

this solution works for me, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines