• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting multiple PDF to PDF (EDITABLE)

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 100 pdf files which I need to convert into a state, where I am able to copy and paste the data.

If I take each one of them and click on "edit pdf", it takes a lot of time per page (for loading). So I would like to run them all at the same time through a conversion, in order that they are all in a state where I can copy+paste the data.

how can I do that?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that they are images and you want to convert them to "real" text, that can be copied and pasted?

You can do that using the Recognize Text command, which can also be used as a part of an Action (if you have Acrobat Pro) on multiple files.

It can take a while, though, depending on the quality and length of the files. There's nothing to be done about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well understood, I have pdf as images, which need to be converted into text. So where do I click? I would like to select the multiple files somewhere and save them all directly, in order that my employees are able to open the file and copy+paste the text. I have acrobat pro, my employees don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Text Recognition - In Multiple Files. Select your files, click OK and you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the german version of adobe - there is no button called text recognition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the german version you can use the english UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC Pro use Tools > Enhance Scans > recognize text in multiple files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines