• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Catalog from Laptop To Desktop Error

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still looking for an ideal workflow, but as of right now my idea is to import photos to my laptop and cull and do some light editing before transferring those photos over to my desktop for the real editing (at least that's the idea). This week I went ahead and edited a lot on my laptop. When I tried to import that catalog from the laptop to the desktop, my desktop gave me an error and didn't allow the photos to be imported. I troubleshooted it a little bit and was finally able to get them imported, but instead of importing the culled and edited photos from my laptop, it imported all the RAW images showing no signs that they were culled or edited. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I assumed that the desktop Lightroom would simply take exactly what was in my laptop's Lightroom and have it imported into the existing catalog, but instead it's all the photos instead of the culled photos.

I currently have a 2017 MacBook Pro and a 2015 iMac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Then I suspect

- you did not remove them from your disc when you used the function to delete the rejected ones

- and you did not really import the catalog but from disc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you cull the photos? They were obviously not removed from the catalog.

It will always import all photos in a catalog with everything done to them or worked on.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through and rejected each photo that I no longer wanted and then used the "delete rejected" button (or whatever it is called) and they no longer showed up in my Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I suspect

- you did not remove them from your disc when you used the function to delete the rejected ones

- and you did not really import the catalog but from disc

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines