• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asset Problem - But Can't Find The Problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press publish I get an error message about an asset problem but I can't find any issues in my assets panel. None of the Assets have warnings. Am I missing something? This is the error message that comes up. assetprob.jpg

Here is what my asset panel looks like. assets.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

I hear you. I suggest that you report your bugs and feature requests to the product team directly using Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas

Provide as much information as possible for the team to reproduce your issue at their end.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you use some other software (like Dreamweaver) to upload anything to the host?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Did everything in Muse Ussnorway​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a couple of similar posts that can help you

uploading missing assets into asset panel

Re: Assets missing

I am also asking around to see if there are other solutions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second what usnorway said. Also make sure that all your files are present in the location where you copied or placed them from. When you upload, upload ALL files from your site.

Keep us posted on your progress.

If you still need help, post your files to a dropbox location, and share the link with me. To share the link, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I do have all the files in the same location. I do i make sure that all the files upload to the site? For some reason, periodically the program will close unexpectedly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error message once I go to publish, but I checked in the assets, and there is no file missing from what I see. All of my files are located on my computer or flash drive. Once I click continue, the desktop version is fine, but my mobile site is crunched to the side of my screen. How can I fix this>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobile browsers try to display everything on your page. If there are elements outside the page boundaries, the browser will minimise your page to be able to display these misplaced elements

Check on layout page and master page, if there are elements outside/overlapping the breakpoint/page width.

• Move the scrubber slowly and look, if there are overlapping elements.

• Zoom out and „Select All“ (cmd+A). This helps to find objects outside the breakpoint/page boundaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway it could be something else? For some reason there is still about .5 inch on the right side still showing in the space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Do the following: Reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing a few(!) elements, which demonstrate your issue. This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time and perhaps you’ll find the issue by yourself, when preparing this sample .muse file.
  • Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  schrieb

• Do the following: Reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing a few(!) elements, which demonstrate your issue. This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time and perhaps you’ll find the issue by yourself, when preparing this sample .muse file.
  • Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Did anyone follow this suggestion from Guenter? No. So how should we help with the same exact issue. This is maddening .

I don`t know about Guenters sunday plans but maybe it could get solved at least on the following monday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually edited the XML preference file so those visiting the site would not receive an error but it is still happening. I did the following but it's just a workaround:

On macOS: Library > Preferences > Adobe > Adobe Muse CC > 2017.0

Modify the <key>SuppressMissingFileError</key> value from <false/> to <true/>.

By modifying the preference key in Adobe Muse, you can suppress the error message from appearing at your client's system or browse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leone9  wrote

I actually edited the XML preference file so those visiting the site would not receive an error

why would you do that... the error this thread discusses is a local system only error and doesn't appear in browsers or anywhere else but the local users Muse UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't true, I have the same issue and the error message appears on my browser occasionally and my partner's browser as well, on a laptop where Muse has never been installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wasn't just a local system error and was displaying error in all browsers i checked, including phones

then you have a different issue and should open your own thread mate... this issue is local to the muse ui only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, it affects both. the issue I have is in UI and affects the browser when I publish it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I see, this thread deals about 3 issues at least:

1. an „asset problem“ during output. (initial posting and  #12, …)

2. a „missing files“ alert, when viewing the site. (post #7, …)

3. Page shifting in browser. (post #16, post #17, …)

How should somebody find a way through this chaos? These all are completely different issues, even if in every third posting it is stated „I have the exact same issue!“

I suggest, that we all leave this thread, and the users, who are facing one of these problems, open a new, individual thread, with

• an exact description,

• a link, where we can see the issue, and/or

• a .muse file, demonstrating the problem. In this case, please don’t give us a 100 MB .muse file, but follow these instructions:  https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In reply to the first post about the assets error message, when there was no visible problem with an assist in the "Asset Panel". I was having that problem and after looking at several of these threads and reading I decided to try a few things as suggested from one of the ACP host.

I copied my muse file (not the original). Starting deleting pages and saving then publishing after each deleted page. Until finally the asset error went away on a page I deleted. Closed and deleted that file.

Copied the original muse file again and started deleting images from that page that I deleted in the previous version when the asset error stopped appearing. Deleted images one at a time...saving....then publishing. Error image kept appearing until finally I deleted an image and the error message stopped. It was a JPG file, opened that in photoshop, saved again as another JPG, this time I noticed "progressive" was checked, ( hardly ever save as a "Progressive", opps). Changed that to "Baseline (Standard)" and saved. Back to original Muse file and relinked the JPG and the error stopped.

Not sure if this will work for everyone but its worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

The support team tried reaching you but reached your voicemail. Can you send me a private message about the time that is convenient with you?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it wasn't just a local system error and was displaying error in all browsers i checked, including phones. I also made my partner check on his browser on his phone and computer. That's why I did and it worked. Now there are no error message our browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would open the site in Muse, save it as a new name (i.e, makes a copy) then remove all 3rd party widgets and html codes from the site... upload that to a new temp Adobe bc site and test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem. None of my assets were moved and, until I just installed Muse's latest update, I never had an issue.  In my assets panel, no asset shows as having an issue.  Can this be an update problem?  To make it worse, when uploading to BC, the message comes on that there are asset issues and then as the site loads in Safari, a notice appears to the viewer stating assets may be missing.  This is annoying. 

On the other hand, the issues many of us were having with accordion panels not staying open on Mobile devices seems to have been fixed.  Fix one, screw up another....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what the problem is especially if this was working fine in a previous version.

To all those affected with this issue,

Send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post. We will get in touch with you for further investigation. To send me an private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest issue I have is that I could resolve this if there was anything in the Assets panel showing as a problem.  There is not.  I have gone combed the assets panel a dozen times already and cannot find any issues at all.  However, I was not having a problem before the last update, which leads me to believe this is the issue, not the assets. 

If Adobe could at least change the HTML page coding to not force this false asset issue to go into the site's upload and into the browser, this could at least resolve issues from the site's visitor perspective.  Now, when our site loads in Safari, a message appears with EVERY page stating there are assets issues (which there are not).  This is a problem for us.  Note that this message does not seem to appear when the site is loaded on Chrome or mobile devices.  So far we notice it only in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you. I suggest that you report your bugs and feature requests to the product team directly using Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas

Provide as much information as possible for the team to reproduce your issue at their end.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines