• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preventing pdf from opening after conversion from doc

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving a doc as pdf, I don't want the new pdf to open. I just want it to be saved. How do I prevent new pdfs from opening?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

That is an internal function of Word, not related to Adobe. Try looking in the settings of the application, perhaps...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you converting the document to a PDF, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect example is when I'm saving a Word doc as a pdf. When the save is completed Adobe opens the new file. Don't want that to happen. Just want the new pdf to be saved without seeing it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but how are you saving it? What exact command are you using in Word? There are at least three different ways of doing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just using Save As. While in Word I click Save As. Dropdown to PDF. Hit Save. Immediately the saved PDF opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an internal function of Word, not related to Adobe. Try looking in the settings of the application, perhaps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines