• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magenta/Red cast printing from Lightroom CC - Perfect printing from Canon Print Studio Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I'm getting this Magenta/Red cast printing from Lightroom on a Canon Pixma Pro-10 (iMac OS Sierra latest update), but it's fine when printed from Canon's Print Studio!

On the printer driver part:

I have selected the correct printer and paper size, printing via USB cable, not using a saved preset, disabled color matching, chosen the correct media/paper type, left Quality on standard    

In Lightroom:

I have selected 16 bit ouput, Profile "Managed by Printer", the Canon's ICC profile for their Luster paper.

I want to be able to print from Lightroom, and I don't know what else to do!!!

Anybody else running into this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Thanks for the reply Akash. I found the solution after trying everything on the internet:

You have to select "HIGH" in print quality; otherwise, the printer will not use all the ink cartridges. The problem happens when you leave it on "standard", which has always worked for me with previous printers.

This was buried in a post from a paper supplier, I believe Red River and only applies to Canon Pixma Pro-10 or Canon printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tuliot,

Magenta casts are typically caused by double-profiling. If you use the OS/Printer and Lightroom to both manage colors, the magenta cast is the normal (and expected) result. I suspect you need to either let the printer manage colors or Lightroom but not both.

To test, choose "Managed by Printer" in the Profile section of the Print Job panel. If that prints normally, then you are double profiling and will need to turn off your printer's color management in order to use Lightroom to manage the colors.

I've checked this thread and it does have few suggestions that might help you to fix this issue. Check out this discussion: - How to remove the Lightroom magenta cast!: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Akash. I found the solution after trying everything on the internet:

You have to select "HIGH" in print quality; otherwise, the printer will not use all the ink cartridges. The problem happens when you leave it on "standard", which has always worked for me with previous printers.

This was buried in a post from a paper supplier, I believe Red River and only applies to Canon Pixma Pro-10 or Canon printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found, that often color cast problems occur from not having chosen the media type in print settings (mac, Canon pro 100s) that corresponds with the paper you're printing on and the icc profile. This took me a while to figure out, because I thought that since I was using icc profiles and thus letting lightroom (on a mac) automatically turn off the printer color management, that i would’nt have to select the paper type in print settings. But maybe I'm getting that wrong - isn't the media type selection a printer setting, and why doesn't LR automatically tell the printer what paper you're using based on the icc profile?

Kristen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines