• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE Second Opinion

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

220_F_164419077_Yn3Zl8Dot6LxfY5KN06kaYAiiaY9aBfy.jpg 220_F_164419070_gCsEdVTr70vLBc8PDE4jGAXakRfWOiLv.jpg 220_F_164419085_8wplPv2QLfQ60DOxuDhVXByiEl80E0JC.jpg

Can I get a second opinion on this.  I suspect less noble reasons for the decline.

Any opinions welcomed except Adobe Staff.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Let me try to explain further.

Compare your coffee cup shot with this one​. The quality of the shot is significantly different from yours. You can see what she's doing, the lighting is very interesting (instead of flat), the depth of field adds visual interest, etc. Look at your picture compared to this one.

I usually try to be a bit more gentle in my critiques, but you need to understand that your image is just not in the same league from a stock photography standpoint.

I've noticed you started po

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

As a new contributor - since around the beginning of this year, I would like to give my opinion if I may. I agree completely with Szalam in his above post. In other posts he has replied to make sense. Sometimes I might disagree - maybe in relation to colour, but I have found that he talks sense. I don't know why you are so upset. Maybe try submitting to other microstock sites if you don't already, but you probably do. Adobe is somewhat more critical in what they expect - to good reason actually!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted such small images it's hard to really give an opinion on them, but I'll try based on what I can see.

The first one with just hands and the copy machine has a very ugly shadow from the camera's flash and lack of detail in the body area. It's also not a very pleasant composition. It's definitely understandable that it would be rejected.

The second one is a much better composition and, since her outfit takes up a lot less of the photo, the lack of detail in the darker areas is not as big of an issue. However, the ugly camera flash shadow is still there.

The third photo you can't see what her hands are doing. That cup is in the way. It makes this image a lot less useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your opinion is neither welcomed nor warranted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WarithNiallah  wrote

Your opinion is neither welcomed nor warranted.

You specifically said that any opinion was welcomed except for Adobe staff.

See?

0pinions.jpg

I am not Adobe staff. I am a user like you.

So why do you not want my opinion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to explain further.

Compare your coffee cup shot with this one​. The quality of the shot is significantly different from yours. You can see what she's doing, the lighting is very interesting (instead of flat), the depth of field adds visual interest, etc. Look at your picture compared to this one.

I usually try to be a bit more gentle in my critiques, but you need to understand that your image is just not in the same league from a stock photography standpoint.

I've noticed you started posting that Adobe is racist in several threads, but Adobe's catalog is FULL of people of all races. I mean, let's just go with black businesswomen which is what you've posted in this thread. Adobe has LOADS of them. Tons of pages of results (including this beautiful video)!

Consider improving your lighting - that is, don't use the flash right on top of your camera.

Consider improving your composition - that is, look up the "rule of thirds" and other photography tips.

Consider improving the content of your images - that is, let us see what's going on!

But I think lighting is the area where your images are most in need of improvement. You have a beautiful model, she's worth some better images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new contributor - since around the beginning of this year, I would like to give my opinion if I may. I agree completely with Szalam in his above post. In other posts he has replied to make sense. Sometimes I might disagree - maybe in relation to colour, but I have found that he talks sense. I don't know why you are so upset. Maybe try submitting to other microstock sites if you don't already, but you probably do. Adobe is somewhat more critical in what they expect - to good reason actually!!!

I'm afraid your above images say nothing, anyone can just take a pic of someone using a copy machine. The cup is DEFINITLY in the way of the hands, and the lighting is bad.

You shouldn't be so critical of people who try to help. Why else are you posting this? Would you like the community to say that Adobe is wrong and that your images should be accepted - majority rules?

AND in your other post about exposure problem, once again I agree with Szalam. The image is underexposed. Any decent photographer would say that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I agree with some of the exposure comments as well. The above people weren't saying that you are a bad photographer.  Every person has strong points and weak points when it comes to this. Putting pics for Adobe stock is not easy I have had at least 14 pics rejected. It is not just you.  There is a tutorial from the Adobe stock contributors that will help. Your idea was strong and it did look nice.  It just explains how they prefer the images to look for when the customers want to purchase them.

With Adobe it's more of maintaining a commercial appeal rather than an artsy appeal. It takes awhile to adjust how you shoot. Just keep practicing and don't take the rejection of a photo on a personal level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the positive reply -- Actually these photographers work for me.  We employ 30 Photographers in the United States and Abroad who dedicate about 20% to Stock Photography.  The average length of experience is 24 years shooting.  Your response was the most positive.  Our Company is aware still however of some of Adobe's practices even before the acquisition of Fotolia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines