• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug? Export Image includes bounding box??

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm noticing a problem/bug I've never seen before...

If I have a movieclip on stage - and rotate it, to get the position I want (image 1), obviously now the bounding box is rotated (picture 2).

But when I export an image, either the new way or legacy - its trying to include the size of the bounding box, leaving large empty areas around the image (picture 3 / picture 4)

I'm sure it used to just create the image to the size of the visible image - if you used the "Include: Minimum image size" or untick the "Clip to stage" option.

problem.jpg

Is this a bug? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Thanks for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

I hadn't seen that before. But it's understandable. You and I know that the corners are empty, but what if you had drawn a rectangle and rotated it, then the larger image area would be needed. It looks like the minimum image size is based on what might be in the area, and not what is in the area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't seen that before. But it's understandable. You and I know that the corners are empty, but what if you had drawn a rectangle and rotated it, then the larger image area would be needed. It looks like the minimum image size is based on what might be in the area, and not what is in the area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious whether the football is a bitmap or a vector shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested with just a brush stroke, and still got the extra area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines