• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signature valid but not visually readable

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Reader DC I can successfully place a digital signature in a pdf document. The private key related to the signature resides in a Qualified Signature Creation Device (USB stick with a smart card).

The produced signature is reported as valid after the signing. However, it is visually not readable as the letters in the text are placed on top of each other. Reinstalling Adobe Reader did not help. The issue persists on both my desktop and notebook computers.

The certificate appears perfectly readable on the preview screen before pressing Sign button. Here is a snapshot of the visual result after pressing the Sign button.

Signature-After-End-of-Signing.JPG

Configurations and versions:

- Windows:
     10 Pro,

Version 1703,

Build 15063.413

- Adobe Reader DC, 2017 Release,

Version 2017.009.20044,

Version File Version 17.009.20044.25828,

AGM Version: 4.030.00069

CoolType Version: 5.014.00019

Core Version: 17.2304

JP2K Version: 1.002.00002.38123

I will appreciate any help in solving this issue.

Best Regards

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ibakard,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Firstly, I would suggest resetting Reader preference: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Then try customising signature preference: Custom Signature Appearances — Digital Signatures Guide for IT Let us know if that helps.

If you already have found a solution to this problem, please update the thread with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on Acrobate X Pro.  It just started.

I deleted the preferences folder and the security folder as well deleted and remade my signatures, all to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. It is very annoying. Help! and no, the initial adobe support answer was not useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tariq,

I have missed your reply. I fact, the problem disappeared when a new version of Windows 10 has been installed on my desktop.

I have the same problem now on a new desktop with Windows 10 Pro Build 19042 and Acrobat Reader DC Ver 2020.013.20074. The signature has been readable initially, and starting at some moment, it is no longer readable at the same computer and OS.

This is what I tried without any success:
- Reinstalling Acrobat Reader
- Reinstalling Windows 10 keeping the existing apps and data via Windows Media Creation Tool
- Following your suggestions dated June 18, 2017

The problem persists. Verry unwelcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines