• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom import

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have had issues trying to import photos. I have photos on different drives and have tried to copy to other drives and then import, but when I try to import, they do not show up - I don't see any previews, and it tells me it can't find images to import.

I have lightroom 6 - and just in the past month, been having trouble getting the lightroom software to recognize files for importing (can see them in bridge and explorer).

Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact word-for-word error message? Please also describe the exact steps you follow to do this import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you open up the folder where the image is then rightclick and choose "Copy" then move the image to the new folder? Then when all images are in same folder import them all into Lightroom. Look if the "Don't import copies" are checked that can stop the import.

Sorry that's is in Swedish: The text in the red box says; Do not import suspicious duplicates

import.jpg

Best regards: Micke Seise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to click on even though there are files there. It (the lightroom software) doesn't see the images. So I am not able to get it to upload from any drives (have card reader in one slot, a portable hard drive, and even my main computer - it doesn't recognize any new images.

I tell it to import - do not have any previews, though there are boxes with file names, I leave it as "check all" since I can't see what it is, press import, and then it just stays at that screen, but isn't importing anything. I close and exit the import dialog box and it tells me none were imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have to re-boot every time I want to open lightroom. It won't load after clicking it after I have had it opened then close it, the try to open it again. I click it, nothing opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi michelel76085457​,

Are you still encountering this issue? If so, could you please answer the questions asked above from dj_paige​? These answers will be helpful for us to narrow down what's causing the problem.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines