• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing track changes from Word

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this. It is annoying that InDesign doesn't import the track changes from Word. That includes all the editing and comments from Word, highlighted text, strikethrough, etc. I actually need those to show up when I am importing reports into a publication/compilation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying this doesn't work?

track.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. None of the comments, highlights, strikethroughs etc. show up. I have to spend time mimicking them in InDesign. Not pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familiar with how track changes works in InDesign? You can only see them in Story Editor view and not in Layout view. You might want to start by reading this document.

Track and review changes in InDesign documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read the suggested link and document. That's great for native files. I am talking about imported MS Word docs. that have track changes in them that are meant to be visible. They don't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look in the story editor? The changes will never show up in the layout view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make sure Track Changes is on in Import Options (see Bob's screen shot above).
  2. Edit > Edit in Story Editor.
  3. Window > Editorial > Track Changes.
  4. Click the eye icon to see the changes.
  5. Use the arrows to hop from one change to the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but I think everyone is missing the point on this.  I am not an idiot and all these suggestions are fantastic, but the changes from WORD are still NOT visible (the editing marks and strikethroughs, comments, highlighted text etc). They don't show up in the track changes panel either.  I'll close this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines