• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask Path continues to animate - even though I deleted those keyframes.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a very basic animation for a client for a large media wall in the lobby of their building. The animation is rectilinear strokes changing size and shape, and I've decided to use my Trapcode 3D Stroke to give them a little more visual interest. (After the basic anims are set I'm going to do some camera stuff)

Problem is, after animating a few strokes (setting keyframe on Mask Path, moving forward 3 seconds, selecting individual anchor points, moving those, setting another keyframe at new time), one stroke randomly decided to "jump" in it's animation. Vertices were supposed to gradually move to their new potisitons, but nothing happened for a couple seconds and then the position would update to where it should be.

I shut down AE, restarted and brought it back up but the problem persisted. Then I said screw it and deleted the keyframes. Now, not only is the animation still going, its still jumping as well.

It shouldnt be moving at all, as I've deleted the beginning and end keyframes telling the path to change.

The path was made with the pen tool (mask) onto a solid layer before applying the 3D Stroke effect.

CC17, Mac OS 10.12.5, 16GB, Intel Core i7.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get on this.

Screenshot 2017-07-18 14.42.13.pngScreenshot 2017-07-18 14.42.49.pngScreenshot 2017-07-18 14.42.58.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

start by flushing the cache and then check your effects (strokes). Sometimes referencing masks inside effects pop-ups has these strange sideeffects of things not updating correctly because some internal property stream data is being duplicated and retained.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first thing I do when there's mystery animation I can't see keyframes for is to hit the "UberKey"

with no layers selected, if you press the U key you'll see all keyframes. if you press UU (double tap) it'll show every property that's been modified on all layers. with not much else to go on I'd suggest start there, look for anything weird.

EE will also show expressions. if you're working w/ someone else who may have tweaked things this might help find issues too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The EE tip was new info for me, so thank you!  Seemed to just be a glitch with the RAM Preview not updating correctly. It's been fixed. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start by flushing the cache and then check your effects (strokes). Sometimes referencing masks inside effects pop-ups has these strange sideeffects of things not updating correctly because some internal property stream data is being duplicated and retained.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was indeed the problem. I purged Image and Disk Caches and after moving some keyframes around the animation updated and worked as expected. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines