Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Clone Stamp Tool

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with the clone stamp.

I've got the layer I want to work with. I've made sure I am in the layer, not the composition. I've selected the clone tool. I hold down the Option key and click where I want to clone from. I see the crosshairs come up. After clicking I let go of the option key. I click where I want to clone to and drag my curser. I see the crosshairs moving where I previously clicked, but nothing is copying over to where I am dragging my curser around. My brush opacity and flow are at 100%. I go down to my timeline. I can see that a "Clone 1" was made in the effects on my current layer. I check my stroke options again there. Opacity and flow are at 100%. I can see the path my stroke has just taken. But nothing has coped over. I am left with my original image.

Any ideas as to what setting I am missing? I've searched through many tutorials and forums and have not found an answer that has worked yet.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screenshots of the result and your clone brush settings as well as your timeline.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. But if I open the photo directly in Photoshop from my desktop (vs. opening Photoshop when my photo is in Lightroom), the clone tool works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm also having the same problem and I'm sending a screen to see if someone can help us. The red "crosshairs" in the yellow rectangle are the ones mentioned by heatherm59177256.​ I've tried using the roto brush, but instead of copying the blood from the top, it only gives me those thin lines as the brush size was ridiculously small. My brush size it at 28px at the moment. Also paling opacity and flow at 100%.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 12.55.26 PM.png

Any help would be must appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your paint panel settings - particularly things like channels, mode...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your suggestion. Actually I found out the problem was on the "Brushes" settings, under Brush Dynamics> Size. The default was set to pen pressure and once turned of, it gave the regular results of the Roto Brush tool.

I hope it helps the others too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather M,

Still having trouble with this effect? Please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as well. The layer I am trying to clone stamp won't work. Weirdly enough another layer that I used the clone stamp for worked great. It's just that one layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Came across this issue, and considering the responses below don't present this solution.

The issue is most likely due to Channels set to Alpha and not RGB, RGBA. Hopefully this helps anyone coming across this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines