Render Queue Output To link doesn't work

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

After Effects CC

Version 14.2.0.198

The blue "Output To" link is clickable, but nothing happens when I do click on it.  I have re-installed it, cleared my preferences, and tried the "Clear Settings" option under the Sync Settings menu in the top right.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have two monitors? Is the dialog showing up elsewhere but is behind hidden by something? What about other dialog boxes like "Open" from the File menu, does that show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have two monitors, but i still can't seem to find it with all other programs minimized.  "Open" works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely odd. Can you post a screen recording of this happening?

• Does this happen in one or every project?
  • What happens if you hit the Plus icon on the left of "Output to:" to add a second output module, is that link clickable?
  • Are you able to queue to Media Encoder and choose your desired output location there?
  • Do you have any previous versions of Ae installed? If so, does the link work there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I´m Having this same problem on AE CC 2017. I´m able to use Media Encoder, but the "Output to": link in the render queue died after about 3 weeks of working. Its the same in all projects amd in second output modules. Did not have a previous version of AE installed.

thanks,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever solve this issue, RyanT? Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly had the same problem last night, with After Effects CC, output to won't be clicked. In CS6 it works.

I have uninstall and reinstall the program numeral times, reset After Effects settings. I can send renders to media encoder, but this is not ideal workflow.

Can you recommend something?

Many thanks,

Elise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

having exactly the same problem in the latest CC version and cant render as is...

any suggestions?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Here's how I solve this problem. There should be a folder that you can't reach. I mean sometimes Windows doesn't alllows you to delete a folder you know. You should get rid of that folder first. To specify where the folder is, go to render queue, next to "Output to" link there is a drop down menu, just click random one, and it will allow you to render at your last render directory.
Now that you know where the problem is. There should be a "non deletable folder" in that directory. Find it, erase it. The quick way to do it is, right click the folder, add to archive, select "delete files after archiving". Then simply delete the archived one.
Now the "output to" link should back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your directions to find the folder it was defaulting to.  The folder was messed up and wouldn't allow itself to be deleted or renamed.  I did what you suggested with 7zip.  Add to archive - delete after compression.  It deleted the folder when it was done and AE immediately allowed the file dialogue box to be opened again once it was gone.  Thanks for sharing the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi alpere92752818,

Thankyou very much, it worked for me. and it also solved another problem of deleting the folders which cannot be deleted in windows, may be there are other ways to do that but your way is easy. god bless you for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I’m so glad something finally worked! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your a lifesaver 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but can not find a "non deletable" or corrupted folder.
I'm unable to change the Output Module destination path.

When I click on the "Output To" blue hilighted text nothing happens.

I have deleted prefs, uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects (2021) with no change to the issue.

New projects and new comps just keep defaulting to the same path when I add them to the render que.  

This thread is the only conversation I've found relating to this "bug".

What can I do if my folders are not corrupted?

Would appreciate anyone's help with this as I'm in the middle of a big project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PatRIGT , did you get a final solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines