• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

60fps vids in 30fps comp - audio out of sync

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on trailer video for another version of some app and it's supposed to be very similar to trailer from a year before. Back then I did it in AE CC 2015. I used 60fps footage in 30fps composition, audio fits perfectly, in plays at 2x speed just like the video (audio embedded in video). So I started the new trailer with some not-video assets, today I got the new footage to put into video and... Audio in AE CC 2017 is just broken, totally out of sync, strange things happen. I can't open the file in AE 2015 anymore after the edits I've done in the last days in AE CC 2017. Is there any way to fix it? To make the vids play their audio correctly again? Or do I have to start everything over from last year's version in AE CC 2015?...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created 60fps composition, imported 60fps 16 sec footage. It lasts 13 sec in AE. Audio desynced. But audio is in the proper pace, video is too fast. How does it not synce in 60fps comp?...

EDIT:

I also created 60fps comp in cc2015, imported same footage. its 00:16:47 like in video players. In cc2017 it's exactly 00:13:00. What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also created 60fps comp in cc2015, imported same footage. its 00:16:47 like in video players. In cc2017 it's exactly 00:13:00. What's going on here?

show us some screenshots of your timeline and project panel. in the project panel with the footage highlighted in the project panel so we can examine it's properties, and in the timeline where the current time display visible. also show us your composition settings (composition->composition settings)

Or do I have to start everything over from last year's version in AE CC 2015?...

you can save a version back from CC2017. file-save as - save a copy as cc (13) and it will load in CC2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the speed is not right for either the video or the audio then the footage is not being properly interpreted. Check File>Interpret Footage and make sure that the footage is interpreted as it is. I do not think you have a good understanding of how frame rates work in NLE's or compositing apps.

The biggest clue to this error is when you said:

Back then I did it in AE CC 2015. I used 60fps footage in 30fps composition, audio fits perfectly, in plays at 2x speed just like the video (audio embedded in video).

That can't happen if the footage is properly interpreted. Put 10 seconds of footage that was shot at 60 fps and interpreted as 60 fps in a comp that is 30 fps and it will still be 10 seconds long and play back at normal speed. Put the 60 fps footage in a comp that is 10 fps or 99 fps and it will still be 10 seconds long and playback at normal speed.

If you want 60 fps footage to play back at 2X speed then you have to interpret the footage as 120 fps and put it in a comp of any frame rate. If the interpreted frame rate in the footage properties matches the frame rate that was actually used to shoot the footage then it will playback at normal speed no matter what the frame rate of the comp, or the Sequence in a NLE is. The only difference will be how many of and how accurately the original frames in the footage are used in the comp or sequence.

If the footage is 60 fps and if the comp is 30 fps then the comp will just skip every other frame. If you interpret the footage as 30 fps Then the comp will display every frame and the speed will be half. One second will take 2 seconds to play back.

There is a chance that the footage you think is 60fps is actually 59.94 fps so to perfectly playback every other frame and keep the speed normal and not end up with interpolated frames the comp should be 29.97 fps to avoid frame blending. If the footage is interlaced 59.94 it could actually be interlaced and the the true speed of every pair of fields (two fields make a single frame) would be 29.97 interlaced frames per second. The point is that you absolutely have to know what the actual frame rate and type of frame capture is to get footage to play back at the correct speed. If you want to accurately playback footage at 2X speed then you have to double the actual frame rate in the Footage Interpolation settings or have the footage properly interpreted and use time remapping to accurately change the speed of the playback.

As long as AE is up to date (there were some bugs in footage interpretation in previous versions) your problems are coming form not knowing exactly how the footage was shot and not correctly interpreting the footage frame rate. It is entirely possible that AE is misinterpreting the metadata in the footage and reporting an improper frame rate.

If you fix the frame rate interpretation and still have problems then let us know. Several video formats can be misinterpreted so the audio and video are not in sync, but most will maintain sync if you change the interpreted frame rate. I can also give you a fool proof way to find out if your footage is interlaced and a perfect way to remove the interlacing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Å‚ukaszz35275447,

Are you still having problems with this? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines