• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I anchor text boxes?

Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three little blocks of text you see in this screen shot are individual text boxes. How do I anchor them so that they will stay together with the photo they are next to (or with the paragraph of copy they follow) if other changes are made on the page?

Screenshot 2017-07-18 13.59.47.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

This can be done quite simply. In the screen shot below I've shown two different scenarios based on what it appears to me from your screen shot. I couldn't tell for sure if you had already anchored the caption text into the overall text:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 6.06.19 PM.png

The example on the left of each set of columns assumes that the caption is already anchored. If that is the case then select the graphic and drag the blue box that appears on the upper right of the graphic frame into the end of the paragraph above it. In the exam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the easiest way would be to set those image/text sections as two-cell tables in the text flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that won't work - the photos and blocks of text are coming into the document via a large import using InData; the little text boxes shown in the image are after-thoughts I want to add on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done quite simply. In the screen shot below I've shown two different scenarios based on what it appears to me from your screen shot. I couldn't tell for sure if you had already anchored the caption text into the overall text:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 6.06.19 PM.png

The example on the left of each set of columns assumes that the caption is already anchored. If that is the case then select the graphic and drag the blue box that appears on the upper right of the graphic frame into the end of the paragraph above it. In the example in the right column of each example the unanchored caption and the graphic are selected together, grouped and the single blue square that appears for them both is dragged to the same place as in the first example. The anchor icons shown in the set of columns on the right show that all objects are now part of the text chain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beat me to it Bill. Grouping is an easy way to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never knew what the solid blue box on the text frame was for. Grabbing it and dragging it to the end of the block of text seems to do the trick. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines