• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC still not recognizing Canon 5D MK IV RAW please help!!!

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching through the forums and seeing that supposedly the latest update of Lightroom CC 2015 supports Canon 5D Mk IV files, I still can not get it to work. Can anyone please point me in the right direction for a fix? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017
  1. The Canon 5D Mark IV is supported in Lightroom CC 2015.7 and later versions
    Cameras supported by Camera Raw

2. Which version of Lightroom are you running?
    In LR, click Help > System Info to see which Lightroom version is shown
  3. If you're running an earlier version then you need to update via
    a) Help > Updates
    b) If that shows no updates then update manually
    Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need at least Lightroom CC 2015.7. What is the exact version installed on your computer? Please don't reply by saying you have the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The Canon 5D Mark IV is supported in Lightroom CC 2015.7 and later versions
    Cameras supported by Camera Raw

2. Which version of Lightroom are you running?
    In LR, click Help > System Info to see which Lightroom version is shown
  3. If you're running an earlier version then you need to update via
    a) Help > Updates
    b) If that shows no updates then update manually
    Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses. The first thing I did before posting was checking for updates- both in the "Help" tab with LR open, and using the CC desktop menu tab where it lists all of the apps and has the option to update if one is available. I have 5.7.1. If there is a newer version, I'm not being given the option of updating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Windows 32 bit? If so, you cannot install or run Lightroom 6 which is 64 bit only.

But in your original post you mentioned CC 2015. Are you running 5.7.1 or CC 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mac OS Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a Cloud member?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all of my apps are through Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see Lightroom CC available for installation or use (if already installed) in the Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No- it shows it as up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you've got 5.7.1 installed via the Cloud and that is showing as up to date?

Do you have Lightroom CC 2015 listed anywhere in your Cloud desktop app?

Do you have Lightroom CC 2015 available via Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I have 5.7.1 installed via cloud, up to date. it shows up in my cloud desktop app up in the menu bar. As far as Finder, it’s there in the Applications tab, if that’s what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood but we're skirting around the main  issue.

What I'm looking for is: do you have any other versions of Lightroom shown as available?

Mine shows

If not, what are the specs of your Mac?

Apple logo > About This Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No- it doesn’t show any other apps available for install. Next to my apps in the same window as what your screen shot shows, it just says “Open"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of your Mac?

Apple logo > About This Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough- I just got a notification on my desktop for an update to Lr....thanks for all your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to read the files after updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same issue. I have updated my Lightroom to 2015.12. As well as I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. It's still not reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shannonzirkle  wrote

I am running into the same issue. I have updated my Lightroom to 2015.12. As well as I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. It's still not reading.

What does this mean "it's still not reading". Describe in detail. Please be very specific about what you see. If there is an error message, please quote the exact unedited word for word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue until randomly another update showed up in my CC apps window. After the update it reads all files fine. There is just no rhyme or reason to when they make the update visible in your apps window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is what we have been trying to tell the Adobe team for several months. It seems that the update process isn't running as smoothly as it should. I "think" we are getting the point across, but we will have to see if things improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines