Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending Mode

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I got a question and i can't find the answer. My blending modes don't work. And i already reinstalled PS but nothing changed .

Here you see a picture were i used the blend mode screen

Knipsel.PNG

But as you can see nothing happens (Black doesn't go away)

And none of the other modes work! So does someone has the answer for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one can answer your question.

Blend modes work by blending two or more layers together. Since you have not shown the inputs - we cannot tell you whether the blended output is working correctly or not.

If the top layer is the light smoke and the layer underneath is black , then that looks correct. Screening an upper layer with black underneath leaves the upper layer color unchanged

Blending modes in Adobe Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a meaningful screenshot (one that includes the pertinent Panels, in this case at least the Layers Panel).

As davescm already pointed out changing the Blend Mode of one Layer without any other visible Layers present is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Dave said - the mere name of "blending mode" implies that there's always two components involved. Your image only shows one. Attempting to blend it against PS' virtual transparency will do nothing. It doesn't count.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines