• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baggage files not displaying in Project Manager panel?

Oct 23, 2008 Oct 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 203 baggage files in a project but only 45 of them actually display under the Baggage Folder list in the Project Manager. When I select new/baggage file and select one of these...there is no response from RH. If I open the rhbag.apj file with Notepad the files are listed - all of them! I don't see any strange characters and we are very careful to name our baggage files with underscores and only alpha/numeric characters.

If I rename the file outside of RH and then reimport it, it will display and I can change the name back...but that's very time-consuming for 160 files.

What is causing RH to not display these? Any topic linking to them works. It just seems to be a display quirk for the folder itself. I tried rebuilding the .cpd file and that didn't change anything.

Anyone have any helpful tips on how to fix this? THANK YOU!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri

Silly question here. Are the "missing" files perhaps inside different folders?

Just pondering out loud... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for the suggestion...but no - they are all in the same folder. And the rhbag.apj file lists them there. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was worth a swing Rick. Teri I'm wondering if the 45 file figure is relevant or not. If you add a baggage file that starts with "a", do 46 files appear? In other words, is it the 45th file that is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I add a file from outside of the folder (completely new from another location), RH responds and I now have 46. Its name appears in the right alphabetical order.

So would it be logical to physically move the missing 160 files out of the folder with Windows Explorer and then try importing them from a separate location? Or would that be a try sin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...so much for that great idea! I copied 5 files that do not display from the folder to another outside folder with Windows Explorer. Then I tried adding them as new baggage files and got a message "do you want to replace xxxx"...I said yes. RH did nothing and the files do not display even though it knows they are there.

Crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the same again AFTER manually deleting the files from the RHBAG.APJ file using Notepad. You may have hit the ol' baggage file bug.

My train of thought with my previous response was that the file after the 45th file was at fault and causing the baggage to choke. Could you delete this file from the baggage and see if this is at fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum...am doing that right now...just a minute. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, that did not help. Sorry. Deleting the last file and then trying to import did not make any difference.

Do you think I need to strip the rhbag file completely and just start over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum & Rick,

I went ahead and backed up the rhbag file, then rebuilt the .cpd file with a rhbag file from a brand new project with no baggage files in it. Of course there were none when this project now opened. I can now import the baggage files and they display. Crazy. Will just add all 160 in this manner and hope this is done. Thanks again for your help...I have gremlins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm! Glad you solved it. The baggage file functionality can get a little flakey - particularly in earlier versions. I think RH7 is better - you don't say which version you are using - if you get similar problems again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good morning Colum! This is RH7, but this solution seems to be working so I'll run with it. Very strange but at least there was a solution. Take care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp