Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 11 not displaying pull-down menu text

Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop Elements 11 on a Windows 10 machine. After the most recent Windows update all the pull-down menus have no text under them. For example: when you click on 'Edit'  the window opens but there is no text underneath it. Help!

Windows Version info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

Elements Version info:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 11.0 (11.0 (20120830.r.32025)) x32

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit

Version: 6.2

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2

Physical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2893 MHz

Built-in memory: 8013 MB

Free memory: 2357 MB

Memory available to Photoshop Elements: 3255 MB

Memory used by Photoshop Elements: 70 %

Image tile size: 128K

Image cache levels: 6

Display: 1

Display Bounds:=  top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 1080, right: 1920

Video Card Number: 1

Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Driver Version: 10.18.10.4358

Driver Date: 20151221000000.000000-000

Video Card Driver: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32

Video Mode: 1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors

Video Card Caption: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Video Card Memory: -1919 MB

Application folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\

Temporary file path: C:\Users\Derek\AppData\Local\Temp\

Photoshop Elements scratch has async I/O enabled

Scratch volume(s):

Startup, 451.4G, 63.8G free

Required Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Required\

Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Plug-Ins\

Additional Plug-ins folder: not set

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue being discussed in thread PS Elements 12 Stalling

Please see if this is helpful.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this before posting and tried the "Ctrl + Alt + Shift" suggestion but it did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS Elements 10 and have had this problem after the last 2 Microsoft WIN 10 x64 Updates. My fix is to reinstall PSE and reboot the computer (important).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the only solution for my very expensive software that I bought from your company? That I have to uninstall it and reinstall it every time Windows decides to release an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Windows 10... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Microsoft changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Microsoft issues a Win10 update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working after the initial Win10 upgrade will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you an Adobe employee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anwesha, it has been 25 days since I have received a response from you. With nothing else to go on I tried the suggestion of user: yys2bi4n. I uninstalled the program. When I tried to reinstall it from CD I got the following error as shown in the attached photo.

adobe.JPG

My user account on my PC does have administrator level access. Help, I now have useless software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert the install disk. When queried about what to do with the disk select "Open folder to view files." Right click on the autoplay.exe file and choose "run as administrator."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This suggestion did not work. The exact same error happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines