Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can two Adobe Stock members use their licensed images for the same website

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a situation and I hope you can help me. I tried to find a similar answer here on the forum with no success. The situation is like this:

I am building an website with my partner. Both of us had membership on Adobe Stock and we licensed some images on each account (standard licences). Before launching the website we are planning to create a limited company where one of us will be the shareholder (100%) and the other one will be the Director. The Director will not have any shares in this company but the website domain is in his name.

Questions;

1. Can we use on this website images licensed on both accounts?

If not:

1.1. Can the owner of this new company use his licensed images if the images were licensed in his personal name?

1.2. If the Director will be a shareholder as well, can we both use the images on this website?

2. I licensed an image with two individuals in it and I am wondering if for the images where you can clearly see people faces is enough the standard license?

I know the above might sound a bit odd, but we just want to make sure we'll use the images in a correct / legal way.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/georgiana+veronb98562403  wrote

Sheena,

Thanks for your reply. I've read almost everything and  I understood the following:

We can use the images licensed on two different account for the same website, as long as we're not using the same images for any other websites or with any other purpose.. Is this correct? If not, I would appreciate if you make this clear.

Cheers

You would be correct. But to clarify further if you owned the websites you could use them on all websi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to the licensing terms and usage as below:

Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Thanks for your reply.

I am still a bit confused as is not written anywhere if the owner of the license has to be the owner of the website. I would appreciate if you can make a bit more light for my particular situation. We don't want to be in trouble for using the licensed images in a wrong way...I prefer to pay for the images instead of using them without having the right to do so.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Georgiana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing in the terms that state you have to be the owner of the website to use images you have licensed.  Please refer to the terms for employer/client use which may help in your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

Thanks for your reply. I've read almost everything and  I understood the following:

We can use the images licensed on two different account for the same website, as long as we're not using the same images for any other websites or with any other purpose.. Is this correct? If not, I would appreciate if you make this clear.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/georgiana+veronb98562403  wrote

Sheena,

Cheers

You would be correct. But to clarify further if you owned the websites you could use them on all websites you/business own.

For example, I have three different sites that I am the owner for I could use them on all of them. If the three sites were client sites, then yes, you would need a license for each one.

As for both of you using images on the same site that is fine. Doesn't matter who licensed them as long as they are licensed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Do you have any updates for us?

Thanks

Georgiana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brad! It's all clear now.

If Sheena or someone else from Adobe stock support can confirm this would be great!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right!

You can use different images on the same website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena! I'll send you the link after launching the website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started