• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing only one page of document

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier today, & this week, I had no trouble printing a 2 page legal sized document. All of a sudden, it will only print page 2 on letter. None of the print settings have been changed. The printer and my computer have been rebooted. Any Ideas? Is it and Indesign or printer issue? I have no idea.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Just figured it out. It was a corrupt font... Thank you for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start here in the Print Dialog box:

InDesign CCss_016.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print settings are all correct. It is set for two sided, short edge, legal.

The last time I tried it, it printed a letter sized page with "PS error: unmatchedmark" on it. Any ideas on what this means? It was fine at 10 am this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's only that one document, the document could be corrupted. Try saving as IDML and reopening:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note the widget in Barb's screen shot. She has a Letter size document on Legal size paper, printing in the upper left. What does yours display?

And what do you have for the Printer Preset? She has custom, because she set it to Legal paper to help you. Change the Printer Preset to Default, then choose the settings you require, then create a named preset once it is working again.

And try a fresh document to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print settings are correct. I printed it Monday-No problem. Tuesday Morning-No Problem. Tuesday afternoon after editing some text: only page two. Tuesday Afternoon after rebooting computer & printer:  "PS error unmatchedmark" is all I get on a letter sized page.  How does a document get corrupt editing text?  The document is one that I update weekly. I just update pertinent information, change the date, rearrange graphics, add some new ones, and save it with a new title. The graphics are mostly from Adobe Stock, however, the res are ones that I have used before and were added from the pasteboard. No errors in preflight. 

I just opened and printed it from a co-worker's computer & it worked...???!

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 9.09.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Documents which are regularly edited over a long period of time are often the most susceptible to corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just figured it out. It was a corrupt font... Thank you for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines