• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purple lines across top of images upon importing to library

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time now I am experiencing 3 to 4 purple lines across the top of the first images up to 12 approx) when importing images from a memory card.

Sometimes when I reinstall the same images they disappear or if I export to the desk top they disappear (as a jpg).

I have eliminated the following;

Camera, I have 2 cameras, a Nikon 750 and a Fujifilm X-T2. It happens on both cameras.

Memory cards, I have changed memory cards. Problem still exists.

Memory card reader, I have purchased a new one. Problem still exists.

I use an Apple iMac OS XE1 Capitan which has been ok up to now with Lightroom CC.

I shoot in Raw + Fine on the Nikon  and Raw on the Fuji.

My belief is the problem is a Lightroom CC software problem as I have eliminated the associated hardware.

Can anyone help please?

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

In my opinion, it is unlikely that Lightroom would be causing this problem. If you are using Lightroom to import the images to your computer, that process simply copies the images from the card to the computer. All adjustments and changes made to the image are stored in the catalog. The image file itself remains unmodified. From your description of the problem, it would seem that there is a problem with the hard drive on your computer. The problem you describe is almost always an indication of a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, it is unlikely that Lightroom would be causing this problem. If you are using Lightroom to import the images to your computer, that process simply copies the images from the card to the computer. All adjustments and changes made to the image are stored in the catalog. The image file itself remains unmodified. From your description of the problem, it would seem that there is a problem with the hard drive on your computer. The problem you describe is almost always an indication of a hardware malfunction. You might also consider checking your graphics card. At any rate, I seriously doubt it is related to anything that Lightroom is doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim, thanks for your help.  Rather than take up space on my iMac I download images to my external hard drive. is this the area that could in your opinion be at fault?  Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could also be the computer memory going bad.

I agree with JimHess​, this is not a problem caused by Lightroom, which never changes your original images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines