Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy changing overlay from movie

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I'm complety new to Adobe After Effects but I'm trying to copy something from a YouTube movie. In this movie a road/ track appears slowly as an overlay at the front of the video. Next to this line (the road) appears some town names and distance from the start. Also a North arrow appears.

The line starts white but after a few seconds it becomes bleu from the start till the end.

Start

track.jpg

Almost at the end:

track2.jpg

I want to copy this track. But I doesn't know exactly how to do it. Also because it gets fatter over time. Do I have to select this track using the pen tool or with the roto brush tool or am I complety wrong. If I select the track also the line at the road is added to the selection. I can't read the white and blue letters very well.

Could somebody help me with a (beginners) step-by-step plan for copying this?

Or would somebody copy this for me?

Thank you

Sander

(Ps Sorry for the grammar but English is not my motherlanguage)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you look up any "write on logo" tutorial or similar. Nothing magical. Just basic mask paths or shape layer paths being revealed and the nsome text layers being faded in.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines