Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UREGENT: Footage Wont Show Up

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have downloaded a bunch of .mov (Quicktime) files from Videoblocks to use in a promo video for work. When I import the videos into AE they wont show up. (See photo). The project panel says they're there but nothing open in the composition when I drag it over and it doesnt show a mini-preview of the footage in the project panel. Any help on how to solve this is greatly appreciated.

2017-07-19_11-18-57.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share the link to exactly where you downloaded them from.  So I can see the technical information about the files.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AE? It should be up to date. How about Quicktime. There were QT issues with Windows machines and previous versions of AE. What about your OS? Without system details and some more information any answer you get will be a blind guess. We are throwing darts blindfolded.

With the footage selected in the Project Panel you should see some specifics like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 1.43.13 PM.png

Your project panel shows this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 1.45.15 PM.png

This tells me that the file is corrupt or you don't have a current version of AE and the appropriate Quick Time updates, or it is in a format that is not supported on your machine even with the updates.

Try opening the movie in the QuickTime player and find out what size, frame rate and format the movie is supposed to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sabrae,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines