Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs and Illustrator

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I have a 68 pg catalog in PDF format that I need to edit. I am trying to pull it into illustrator but I can only do one page at a time. Is there a way to import the entire PDF into Illustrator or is a single page at a time the only option?

P.S. I tried Acrobat, but I am lost in there, thought I would ask this before schooling myself

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Please read this:

Prepression: The Ten Commandments of PDF

Editing a PDF in Illustrator (when it has been created in another software) is not advisable.

Try and get the source files and edit them in whatever application they have been created in.

Apart from that: yes, there is a script available to import all pages into one file. But opening your PDF in Illustrator might ruin whatever is in your file.

Introducing: Open Multi-Page PDF win/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this:

Prepression: The Ten Commandments of PDF

Editing a PDF in Illustrator (when it has been created in another software) is not advisable.

Try and get the source files and edit them in whatever application they have been created in.

Apart from that: yes, there is a script available to import all pages into one file. But opening your PDF in Illustrator might ruin whatever is in your file.

Introducing: Open Multi-Page PDF win/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for the name Carlos Canto in the forum. He has posted a version of a script which will do what you ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the link for the script seem to be dead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try posting on the AI Scripting forum and see if Carlos will answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, that's the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines