• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do shared links still work if my Adobe CC subscription ends?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared a bunch of links while a member of an Adobe team subscription.  I am leaving the company at the end of this month, and my team will not be renewing my seat.  What will happen to the shared prototype links that I published while part of that team?  Will they still be able to view those prototypes and the comments posted to those links?  Do the links stay active indefinitely or forever?

Thanks for the info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Hi, I'm answering all of your threads in this one reply!

The prototype links will stop working once your team account is disabled[1].

Unfortunately there is currently no way to transfer prototypes from one account to another, and neither a way to copy comments from one prototype to another. As Preran suggested in the other thread please file a UserVoice request for copying comments between prototypes so we can keep track of the request.

For your case I'm afraid the only thing I can suggest is that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my understanding of how the subscription works, the people that have received the shared links should be able to view them even after your subscription has expired. Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm answering all of your threads in this one reply!

The prototype links will stop working once your team account is disabled[1].

Unfortunately there is currently no way to transfer prototypes from one account to another, and neither a way to copy comments from one prototype to another. As Preran suggested in the other thread please file a UserVoice request for copying comments between prototypes so we can keep track of the request.

For your case I'm afraid the only thing I can suggest is that you re-share the file using a new account that is not getting disabled.

[1] Note that disabling an account is different from a subscription ending: if a subscription ends but the account remains active (as would be the case with a personal account that stops paying for CC) then, at the time of writing, the links will remain active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran and Stuart -- I will add my feature requests to UserVoice. 

And just to clarify, the team account itself will still be active, however they will not be paying for my seat any longer (my Adobe ID, i guess).  I assume this is your definition of "disabled".  If so, then it does look like I'll have to re-share any important prototypes using my new Adobe ID account.  And I'll have to copy and paste (one by one, by hand) the posted comments from the existing prototype link into the new prototype link.

I wish there was an easier way, but I understand there isn't at this time.  Thanks for getting back to me! 

PS:  I think XD is a great product, it's worked out great for wireframes and even for visual mockups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi so @Stuart_k, understand your point. In this case before my account is disabled if I sent my files to another person/designer on the team then they would work? Actually I am also wondering how about if I have invited a team member to edit the doc after saving it on cloud and then my account was disabled. The other team member should still have access to file and be able to export and edit all the links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines