• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photo Downloader - crashing (AGAIN)

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Bridge in about a month. This afternoon, I attempted to download files from my CF card to my hard drive and received this lovely message. I had a similar issue a while back, which prompted me to make the switch from CS5 to CC. I've been able to use BridgeCC for around a year without issue (going from memory), and have had several updates which have not been problematic.

When I got this message today, I checked my version of CC, and noticed that the last auto update appeared to have had an issue. I was able to successfully re-launch that, it updated, but this issue still persists - much to my frustration as I've run into this before (though not necessarily the exact same problem).

I am NOT very technically inclined. I can follow instructions just fine, so long as no steps are left out. Can someone assist me in fixing this? (Please, before I toss everything out of the front door and resort to cocktails???)

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with 16 GB RAM on the latest version of Adobe CC. Adobe Photo Downloader Crash 07092017.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LauraAdamsPhoto,

You may try and reset the Adobe Bridge preferences back to defaults and check if that helps, refer: Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the third thing I did to try and correct this. It did NOT resolve the issue.

I've verified that my app is UTD. I've re-set my preferences. I've re-started my machine after both of these. I still cannot use the Adobe Photo Downloader. This is now costing me $, time, and resources as I've had to use work-arounds to bypass the Photo Dowloader, and cannot use my software as intended.

I must get this resolved. This is now the second time I've encountered this issue with Bridge (see my previous post from last fall). I cannot be the only person experiencing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello? Anything else. This is STILL not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please check if there are any pending update for Windows also, refer the below document related to the same issue and try the offered solutions.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/504555​

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines