Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to remove an issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So recently on after effects I been getting a weird issue. So the problem is I'm making a video and it seems that theres a weird outline thing when I like make a slide / transition.

2d3e8e0c27b3899b7d9931d1b012a47d.jpg

It's the weird grey line in the middle of the scene above. How do I fix this? As in to remove it or make it disappear, are there any options for this?

If you could help me out it would be amazing,

Sincerely,

Baris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first two guesses. 1: The images are not precisely lined up on the pixel grid causing the edges to antialias. 2: The images do not completely fill the frame - there are black pixels on the edge.

Check by setting magnification (far left option in the composition panel) to 800% or higher and view the edges. Make sure view transparency grid is turned on.

If there are black pixels crop or mask your images to remove the edges. If the edges do not line up precisely then overlap the images slightly or carefully align them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot for the reply,

So I guess you were right on some parts but,

the black line is not part of the original footage/scene so maybe I have some wrong setting with the transition (what has to do with the keyframes etc),

Or like you said that it's not lined up precisely, if so how could I fix that?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're also working with your transparency disabled which is not a good idea.  The little checker board just the left of "active camera": click it to enable transparency.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you for the tip

Just a question, what is the purpose of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, when it's not enabled (which it isn't by default) After Effects creates a "false" background or matte.

It's fake because it does not render.  It only exists in the preview.

So what happens is new users will create a new project and think they're giving it a blue background when they're not.

I suppose it has its occasional use while working but I can't see any logical benefit in having disabled by default.

Mostly, the only thing it does is confuse new users.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh,

thanks alot for the tip then since I'm pretty new and still learning .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baris,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did, thank you for your concern.

It was the clip that was the problem, pretty dumb.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines