• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Regarding camera raw and dng converter [Unable to open Nikon D750 Raw files in LR4]

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have purchased Lightroom 4 a long time ago, and I had to reinstall it on my new Mac.

However Im trying to find the plug in so that it can read my Nikon D70 Raw Files.Can some one please help me, I have only found as a solution the DNG Converter but its double work if you know what I mean, transferring all my photographs to random file to the Mac and then use de DNG Converter to be able to open it in Lightroom.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Okay, that makes sense. If you don't want to use the DNG converter, and you want to use Lightroom, then at this point your alternative would be to upgrade to Lightroom 6. Lightroom does not use the camera raw plug-in. There is no way to integrate the plug-in with Lightroom Except in conjunction with Photoshop when Lightroom and Photoshop are both in sync and up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEF files from the D70 should be able to be opened with ANY version of Lightroom 4. Have you tried? There shouldn't be any need to use the DNG converter at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I meant Nikon D750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your D70 is supported in all versions of Lightroom 4 (and later). So, DNG Converter is not the answer. Camera RAW is not the answer.

So if you are having problems, you need to describe the problem in detail (emphasis on "detail") and also state any error messages word for word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dj_paige you are totally correct, I meant the Nikon D750 RAW FILES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that makes sense. If you don't want to use the DNG converter, and you want to use Lightroom, then at this point your alternative would be to upgrade to Lightroom 6. Lightroom does not use the camera raw plug-in. There is no way to integrate the plug-in with Lightroom Except in conjunction with Photoshop when Lightroom and Photoshop are both in sync and up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The D750 is supported by Lightroom 5.7 or later, which means you would have to purchase LR 6 or LR CC 2015, or use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines