• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Booklet Printing Error: Problem initializing the current printer. Check the system print settings.

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe InDesign CC 2017 installed on two computers, one with Windows 7 and the other with Windows 10. Unfortunately, every time I use Print Booklet on the computer with Windows 10 it fails with this error:

Capture.PNG

This problem never occurs on the computer with Windows 7, but our team members are upgrading to Windows 10 so I need to figure out how to get it to work on the new computers. I am still able to Export a PDF with the Adobe PDF printer, but just can not Print a Booklet. Is there a work around for this? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Never mind. One of our IT members found a weird workaround for it. He had me go to Print Settings... from the Print Booklet menu and change the printer from Adobe PDF to our real office printer then clicked 'OK'. Went back in to Print Settings and changed the printer BACK to Adobe PDF and clicked 'OK'. It solved the problem. Wish I didn't have to do that, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. One of our IT members found a weird workaround for it. He had me go to Print Settings... from the Print Booklet menu and change the printer from Adobe PDF to our real office printer then clicked 'OK'. Went back in to Print Settings and changed the printer BACK to Adobe PDF and clicked 'OK'. It solved the problem. Wish I didn't have to do that, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and used your fix above and it worked. Thank you--I was ready to pull my hair out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG...thanks a million!  We have had this issue FOREVER and could not figure it out. This worked perfectly...makes zero sense, but worked perfectly!  Thanks so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i was ready to reinstall the application... ITS WORKED!!! Thank you for sharing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally never had this problem until I was in a crunch for time...thanks for the fix. Ridiculous way to fix it, but spot on. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines