Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF editable image

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs First

I'm renting the Adobe Creative Cloud (current)

I work on a

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Quadcore
OS Sierra

Here is my issue I have to make multiple business card size cards with different logos and logos will change all the time.

I was able to figure out custom text (Interactive PDF) editable in Acrobat. I need to edit the logos the same way click on an image "button" look for logo file and the image/logo changes.

Attached is my fake template

Mytemplate.jpg

How can I change the image when I edit the text in acrobat? I've read about lifecycle design which is unavailable for mac. Is there a way I can set this up in indesign?

I find it funny that you can add video this way but not a simple image...

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously you can change images and text in InDesign - PDF form endusers can change text in text fields but not images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right but I'm making a template to where I don't want to edit the images and text in indesign I need someone in the administration dep. to changes these cards to take this off my hands. I may have found a solution here Interactive PDF editable image  but I need to try it out first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open adobe indesign, use the preset for a business card.

2. draw the boxes that will work as placeholders

3. in your interactive workspace set up the text boxes as text fields

4. make you .pdf

right click on the box you want the image to be, and replace image.

see screenshots attached:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 4.39.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 4.37.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 4.38.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 4.38.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i understand what you want is to have a field in Acrobat where yo can just click and load an image. If that is the case just in acrobat go to the "Prepare Form tool" and ad an "Image Field" I think thats the easiest way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the end-user with just Acrobat Reader (not Acrobat Pro), can only add a PDF to the image field, not a graphic format such as a JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thing I'm saving my images as pdf files, however with the image tool it will allow .jpg files to be attached from pro. Fortunately the people editing will have access to acrobat pro. I've done my homework on all of this yesterday. I just thought / wished indesign could make editable images since you can add a video and edit text is all. Well in all of this I learned a new skill and the world is right again.

Thanks for your dedication Derek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you can add jpg's, gif's and png's to an image field in a form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines