• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Vanishing Point VPE files - big camera problem.

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Whenever I create a simple vanishing point filter in Photoshop and then export it as vpe for import into AE, it imports with a really odd camera setting.

I can't seem to get the object viewable in the composition. The composition is the same size as the photo from Ps.

Any tips? I searched like crazy on the web and other people have had this problem but didn't seem to find an answer.

Is there a better way than Vanishing Point to animate a still image that has depth to it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if this can help you: Re: Importing .vpe from Photoshop into AE camera not lined up and null/anchor point to far

it's really important to get this right in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly that post was one that I read through and attempted before I made this one.

It seems Vanishing Point is just one big hassle. Are there any other features that could achieve the same effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ColtonCM,

Did you locate any other techniques for a Vanishing Point effect since you last posted? If so, please share them.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have very carefully and accurately:

1. remove any lens distortion
  2. line up the perspective planes perfectly

Any lens distortion and any errors in setting up the perspective in the shot will result in a poor model that does not really work when imported as a project. The most common problem is failing to correct lens distortion. This is extremely easy to do if you have a professional or prosumer camera that has lens profiles listed in LightRoom or Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is completely wonky as well. The grid is lined up perfectly on the three planes, but when I import the VPE into After Effects the image is rotated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines