• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Stand Alone Activation?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I purchased a stand alone LR 5 disc a while back. I have a new 2016 MacBook Pro in which I would like to install it on but, I do not have a disc player/writer to install the disc. I do have the serial number. Is there any way I can download it online? I never had to create an Adobe account and I'd like to add, I couldn't find out anywhere online how to contact support directly to check with them. Thanks, Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Hey Ray,

I was able to download the LR 5.7.1 installer from the download link discussed here, and didn't run into any installation or launch issues.

If you're needing the Adobe Application Manager (AAM - Which is different from the CC application manager at this point), you should be able to access the download links for the Mac AAM. Error: "Adobe Application Manager is needed" in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and CS5

Give that a try and let us know if you're able to get into Lightroom 5 again.

Regards

Pe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help......... Unfortunately, I ran into a problem. I was able to download LR 5 installation successfully from the link you sent but, it asked me to download Adobe Application Manager due to the file either being missing and/or corrupted. I tried that which kept leading me to their Cloud downloads. I finally found the following link below to download the manager. After that download, I tried to open the LR app and all it did was flash quickly and went away. I restarted the computer and the problem remained. I'm at a loss in regards to what to do. Thanks again, Ray

http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID=4438

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at that download link and noticed that it's for CC "Creative Cloud". I'm sure that's what the hiccup is. My LR 5 is a stand alone program, non-subscription. It appears that I may be out of luck..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check that ..

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks....... I sincerely appreciate your help. Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download Lightroom 5 from this link on that webpage?

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, Mac OS X. When I open the download, I went through all the steps in the Adobe LR 5.7.1 Installer which completed successfully then closed the window. I then went to my Apps and opened LR, at this point I received a popup stating; Adobe Application Manager, required to start........... See below. I went to the site for the Manager but, it's for CC "Creative Cloud". As I stated earlier, I did find another link http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID=4438 which I downloaded but, discovered it was for CC as well. I went back to my LR App, clicked on it and it flashed and was gone. I even restarted the computer but, that didn't help. Now I'm stuck....?? Thanks for the help. Ray

Adobe Pic Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go ahead and install the Creative Cloud application manager. It's free to anyone. If it's required to run Lightroom 5 then go ahead and install it. If you are ever inclined to do so you can install and try any of the CC programs, but that isn't a requirement. But first, can you find the Lightroom 5 icon and start the program? There are some users who have the Creative Cloud and are limited to Lightroom 5 because they have 32 bit machines. Unfortunately, I am using the CC plan, so I'm not quite sure where to lead you at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply......... I did download the CC application manager from the link I gave previously which downloaded fine. After I downloaded it, I tried to open LR by clicking on my LR app icon. It came up for a split second and went away. I re-tried it a few times as well as re-starting my 2016 15" MacBook Pro. I believe that the manager is designed towards CC and not a stand alone LR 5. Thanks for the help, Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need for the application manager with LR5 perpetual.

Staff is currently checking the file behind the link ... I'm waiting for the result and get back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great...... I can't thank you enough for all your help! Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ray,

I was able to download the LR 5.7.1 installer from the download link discussed here, and didn't run into any installation or launch issues.

If you're needing the Adobe Application Manager (AAM - Which is different from the CC application manager at this point), you should be able to access the download links for the Mac AAM. Error: "Adobe Application Manager is needed" in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and CS5

Give that a try and let us know if you're able to get into Lightroom 5 again.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you for trying to get me going. I tried the process over and over. The AAM is the same as before. I can update to LR 6 for $79.00 but, LR 7 should be coming out soon.......... hopefully. Thanks again to all for your help, I sincerely appreciate it. Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines