• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects presets still won't preview in Adobe Bridge?

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pretty much gave up on this feature years ago.  It used to work very well, even on my old Mac G5.  It's been so long that I can't even remember when it stopped working, but I check it every time there's an update, to see if they've fixed it, and it still just freezes.  I've got the latest update for both programs.  Have they just given up on it, or is there some simple fix I just don't know about?

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please refer to this Link and let us know if it helps

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the ones that seem to apply.  If it's my graphics card, there's not a whole lot I can do about it.  It works fine for Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects.  This is a Bridge-specific problem.   Whenever the contents of a folder prompt the "Building Criteria" icon, I might as well give it up.  It just spins forever, even with the Preview Panel closed.  So, I guess it's not just the After Effects presets;  it seems to be any kind of video file, or any folder with a lot of items in it.

It's not a big deal.  I stopped using Bridge in my workflow years ago, when this problem first popped up.  I was just curious if it had been resolved.  But, maybe it has something to do with my system.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi T Milner,

See the workaround here: Re: Problem Bridge from after effects

You can file a bug here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines