Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automated text in multiple After Effects projects

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm working on a 30 second trailer for a project in After Effects, where animated keywords will flash up on screen during the video. This is fine and I can do this without issue.

However my client wants this project to be translated into 15 other languages - that's a problem! Does anyone know of an automated solution, which would allow me to quickly replace the keywords on screen with the appropriate language text?

Given all languages will be different, I'm aware that it's likely that even with an automated process, some texts would need to be tweaked regardless (ie there's no perfect solution). However I'm hoping to avoid the painstaking task of editing and removing the words one by one 15 times.

If this was a one off project, I wouldn't mind, but we'll have to do this several more times in future, so if anyone knows/can think of a workaround, I'd be very grateful! An outside source will also be translating the words, so there's no issue with that, just the actual adding of the text itself.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. There used to be some sort of "translation" script somewhere (search AEScripts.com), but the general question still would be how you feed in the texts and what languages you are going to use. to this day AE doesn't support all Unicode/ OpenType features and some languages cannot be natively typed, requiring to rely on imported graphics for text. Likewise, even if you use scripts, the formatting could whack out and of course you would need to follow a specific structure to begin with. You have to explain your workflow in more detail (or what you imagine it to be).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you end up solving this interesting problem, HarryM? Sounds tricky. Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines