• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Place Linked" from Lightroom (windows)

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option to place a linked smart option directly from lightroom into Photoshop in windows?

I found this explanation but it reffers to mac:

• Option + (Mac) | Alt + (Win) drag and drop a file from Bridge to an open document in Photoshop to create a linked Smart Object. Note: this shortcut will also work if you drag and drop from Lightroom into an open Photoshop document on the Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My knowledge is limited! but I believe that Windows does not allow the Drag&Drop method.

The method I have seen and used is to-

1.Have open an image,  or Open a new background layer image in Photoshop,

2. Ps {Menu- File > Place Linked...}   and then find the file in the explorer dialog that opens. (helps to remember the filename and location   )

Any Development  you have done to the 'Placed' image in Lightroom needs to be saved to an xml file by [CTRL+S] within Lightroom before 'Placing' into Ps.

If you also use ACR to alter the 'placed' layer in Photoshop (by a layer icon double-click),  back in Lightroom you need to "Read metadata from File" to show those changes in the Lightroom library grid view.

So- 'saving the metadata' in both Lr and ACR is the clue to allowing photoshop to share the Lightroom edits.

I had believed that this needs the background layer to be the same size as the image being 'placed' but I just did a trial and Photoshop auto-transformed it down to smaller background pixel dimensions without a hitch.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,

I'll stick with the bridge method.

I open the image in explorer and extract the path.

open in bridge and alt+drag to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines