• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files crashing ID CS 2017 because of missing plugin - MINDENGINE.pln

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a plugin to help proof a book about to go to print - the plugin did its job. However after using it for 2 months, it was no longer required.

Now any document created during that time opens with an error "the document XYZ uses one or more plugins which are not available on your system".

If I proceed, the document opens - but the first editing action causes ID to freeze and I have to kill the process.

is there any way to find the offending "missing plugin" and strip it from the system?

The problem seems to be with the file, as when I send the file to someone else who has never used the plugin, they get the same error. It also seems to have migrated to any default document I create.

Help???

Thanks, Hamish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This walk-through looks far more scary than it is, but should hopefully help you locate the plugin and remove it (deeply) from your system:

Troubleshoot InDesign third-party plug-ins

They do mention that it can sometimes be fixed by reinstalling and then fully uninstalling the plugin, in case there was some leftover/corruption from before.

Please let us know how things go!

Buck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have created a plugin to strip missing plugin info from the documents, you can try it out at the following location

https://github.com/Manan-Joshi/inexutils

Currently its available only for CC2017 MAC, let me know your thoughts on the product. You will have to Save As only once, the first time you save the document after ignoring the missing plugins using my inexutils plugin and then you are all set to go.

Suggestions for improvements are always welcome

Thanks,

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines