Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since you don't have a font manager this is your system font manager failing to load the font. can you replace the font with a different one that does load?

The advantage with the font manager is that you can create application sets that allow you to force specific fonts to load when that application opens. Is your typekit available to swap out a font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan,

The error message appears immediately upon clicking in the image with the text tool. Every time I try to select a different font, the message renews itself. I have never used an external font manager and I have been using Photoshop since v2.5.1 and I purchased new versions about every other version. What is that ... 20 ... 30 years? I don't know, but it seems like forever. I have updated this instance of Photoshop to revision 2017.1.1, the version available today. My laptop computer has the same revision of Photoshop and it doesn't display this issue. On the problem computer I have two word processors: MS Word and Lotus (now IBM) WordPro. Neither has a problem with fonts. On the same machine Illustrator CS6 does not have problem with fonts. How can this be a problem with the OS?

And here is another clue, which I just discovered minutes ago. There is a font called 8514oem which behaves normally. Too bad it's so ugly. Any font whose name begins with "Microsoft" or "MS" also behaves normally. That's it ... none of the fonts I would ever want to use can be used.

Thanks for responding so quickly, but do you have any other ideas?

I would appreciate any input. This is a huge inconvenience, as this is my principle computer for Photography.

Lanny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

want to send me the file so i can open it and see what happends?

mjstudioart@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file do you mean? If you mean the image file I'm trying to add text to, there is no specific file. This problem happens with any image file I open, PSD or jpeg. As a matter of fact, if I transport an image file from my desktop computer to my laptop computer via thumb drive, I can print text on the image using the laptop with no problem whereas attempting to add text to that image on my desktop computer fails. It's a conundrum. Please clarify what you're asking.

Lanny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I though it was a specific file. So I wanted to open it and see what the font that come associated with that file are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. If I delete the CT Font Cache folder it works once. When I restart and open a file that previously worked I get the same error.

This is how to delete the CT Font Cache to at least get you through what you need to do:

• Exit Photoshop and the Creative Cloud desktop app (if installed).
  • Navigate to the below folder.

Windows 7 and 8: \Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC, CC 2014, or CC 2015

Delete the CT Font Cache folder (Photoshop CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015), and empty the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the fonts failing. I want to use my photoshop. I hope to believe that Adobe can fix that problem.

Why is it to customer to find a solution? it's not normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to deleting the CT Font Cache folder, which has worked now for several days without having to re-delete it, I ran the free CC Cleaner to clean the registry. I think this has also helped the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines