• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This project was created by a more recent version of adobe illustrator draw and can't be opened by this version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday projects opened fine, today I get this error message and nothing opens?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Hi MobileFlea.

Did you either start or work on the drawing in the iOS version of Draw before trying to open it again in the Android version of the app?

If you have, that's the reason you're getting this error; Draw on iOS has a number of new features that are still in-progress on Android and therefore (as a precaution so no work is lost) when drawings are created (or opened) in iOS it's not possible to open them in the Android version of the app.

Let me know if that's not what you've done (you may

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android Samsung note 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MobileFlea.

Did you either start or work on the drawing in the iOS version of Draw before trying to open it again in the Android version of the app?

If you have, that's the reason you're getting this error; Draw on iOS has a number of new features that are still in-progress on Android and therefore (as a precaution so no work is lost) when drawings are created (or opened) in iOS it's not possible to open them in the Android version of the app.

Let me know if that's not what you've done (you may just need to update to the latest version of Draw for Android, 3.3.64, which was just released yesterday and should be available to you in the PlayStore).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue as I switched from iPhone to Android. I reinstalled the app with 3.7 version and I'm still having the same issue. Also when I save the drawing in my gallery, it also saves the grey area around the canvas unlike iPhone. Which only saves the canvas. Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sohema.

If you started or worked on drawings in the iOS version of Draw you will not be able to open the in the Android version of the app. They are not compatible. 

About your drawings saving differently. There are a  couple of things that will help you get a better-quality image:
* To get a tighter or looser crop, change the zoom percentage prior to closing/saving the drawing.
* One other thing to consider... any strokes outside of the primary canvas area are actually considered part of the composition so any save will show that gray background because there are marks on it (this is not true for Sketch).

Hopefully one of those will help you get a better-quality .png when you save your work.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can undo opening the file in ios? or make a copy that is android compatible? I really just want to be able to edit on my android tablet again even if I have to lose the edits I made on the ios. 

As a side note, the adobe should really add a warning before opening an android created file in ios. I wouldn't have opened the file had I been aware that this would be the outcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. I tried updating the Android version I have but it shows that there's no available updates. Am I stuck? I find it much easier to use the app on my Android device rather than my phone, and hardly ever use my phone for drawing. 

One other strange thing about this message is that I didn't create the project in iOS version, just one of the pieces within the project. I tried going in to edit the project and delete that specific piece (I hadn't gotten very far and figured I could always just restart the little progress I had made) but it wouldn't let me do that either, as evidenced by the same message that pops up every time I try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines