Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen shows black with bursts/flickering

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought a new computer from Dell (Inspiron 7700) and have problems using Lightroom with it. I can use it without any problems in the beginning, but as soon as the temperature goes high, the screen turns black and starts showing extremely short flashes/bursts of the screen. I hope you can understand this description? It is flickering, but mainly showing black.

Unfortunately Dell told me, that this might be a software problem of Adobe and I should ask here for help, so I tried to google the problem and searched for solutions in the forum here. I deactivated the graphics boost in the options, I updated all drivers for the chipset, graphics card, bios, ... but nothing helped.

So my question is, do you know this behavior in Windows 10 (on Dell Laptops) or even in general, and how could I solve it?

I really thank you for helping me.

All Best,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the graphics drivers by going directly to the manufacturer's Web site (e.g. Nvidia or AMD), or did you rely on Windows Update?  The latter isn't guaranteed to give you the latest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention that. In a first trial I used the Windows ones and then changed to the deliverables from Dell, which they requested me to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might see if Nvidia or AMD have an even newer driver.  Sometimes laptop manufacturers modify the generic graphics drivers and you can't download directly from Nvidia or AMD, but it's worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I installed the latest driver from nVidia now. I will test it on the weekend, because it always needs about 20-30 minutes of working with Lightroom, before the flicker begins.

Do you have any other ideas? Could it be a hardware problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

sorry for my late answer, but I needed some time for testing. Since now I tested various driver combinations, the most current ones from Dell, Microsoft, Nvidia, updated chipset drivers, tested combinations and others. Unfortunately I have the same error always.

One more thing I realized in the meanwhile, if the flickering begins I can press the power button to send my computer to idle mode. I can now immediately wake it up again and the flickering is vanished for a another 5-15 minutes.

Does anybody have another idea?

Is there any way to contact an Adobe support directly?

Thank you very much.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines