• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct sequence of arguments in AE command line render

Engaged ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why but I just get the help whenever I run the aerender... If I just pass in the project argument it works but whenever i try to modify it I just get the help...

Here is what I want to work...

/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2017/aerender -v -project /Users/myProjectPath/myProjectFile.aep -s 0 -e 10 -i 2

I even tried defining all the arugments...

/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2017/aerender -v -project //Users/myProjectPath/myProjectFile.aep -comp “Med_Day-2_video001_sxs" -RStemplate “Best Settings” -OMtemplate “Jpeg-FullRez" -s 1 -e 10 -i 2 -output /Volumes/myOutputPath/even_Frames/frames\[####\].jpg

Nothing is seeming to work... If anyone knows that would be amazing!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

I've never done a CL render with after effects but I know that in general flags require arguments.

The one thing I noticed looking at your command line was that the flag "-v" had no argument.

Your follow post confirmed that that was the flag causing the problem.

You should try it again, give that flag a proper argument (my guess is that it takes a boolean) & see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok after some more testing... If I remove the -v (verbose) option it will run and give me a readout of what is happing... Weird because the verbose option is supposed to do that I thought... So maybe it is being invoked twice?

Ok, one thing I can't tell is if I am rendering every other frame... I think it is rendering every other frame but naming it sequentially...

Is there a way to have it render every other frame and get its frame number from the frame it is rendering? So if it starts on frame 1 then skips to frame 3... The second frame in my rendered sequence would have the 0003 file append rather than 0002

This might be so confusing no one knows what I mean... Sorry... Basically, I don't have a fast network solution for my computers and want to only render odd frames on one and even frames on another and then just combine the image sequence later...

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernard Digital,

Are you still struggling with command line rendering issues? Please let us know. Perhaps we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never done a CL render with after effects but I know that in general flags require arguments.

The one thing I noticed looking at your command line was that the flag "-v" had no argument.

Your follow post confirmed that that was the flag causing the problem.

You should try it again, give that flag a proper argument (my guess is that it takes a boolean) & see if it works.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh i thought the -v was the option... I think I am getting confused with bash commands vs arguments here... Thanks for the insight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines