• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a realistic sticker on a piece of fruit

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help. I want to create a sticker to go on an image of a lime. It's a logo I want to look like a fruit sticker label.

But want to have a bit of a ripple in the sticker as if it's not perfectly stuck on and also want it to have the same lighting as the lime to look realistic.

Any ideas. I've trawled countless tutorials and not found what I'm looking for.

Much appreciate any advice especially tonight!!!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you try a displacement map, im sure this is probably the best technique for what you need. There are very good tutorials in you tube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've been working with displacement maps, but they're not quite what I'm looking for. But I really appreciate your thoughts. Thank you. What Mark has posted below is just right for this instance. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to get comfortable with just doing good transformations, warping, puppet warping, and maybe even some liquify for subtle tweaks. Once you get the shape right and add some details, it'll look fine. Here's a little 5 minute demo I put together to help you out. The end result being this graphic below. Links to screen recording and master PSD file below in the text.

Lime-Sticker.jpg

To get the form right start with the Free Transform box, and change it to Warp using the Warp button in the top menu bar area. It presents itself after you choose Free Transform. In there you can choose some various preset warps, or you can drag the grid around to distort it yourself. I do this a lot for client composites and it works well for me.

Once you've got the shape right, then you can start adding highlights and shadows to add some realism to it.

Here, I've made a quick screen recording of the transformation part. You can download the video here.

Sticker-transform.mov - Google Drive

And if you want to deconstruct the file with lighting and things on it, I've uploaded the PSD file so you can play with it.

Lime-sticker.zip - Google Drive

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark, this is really helpful. You star.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, glad it helped. Please remember to mark responses that work for you as a "Right Answer" so that it helps close open topics from the forum that way we can see new posts to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines