Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand drawn animation from 3D object in Cinema4D

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i need to create an "hand drawn" Airplane which is flying around in a real scene. I thought i could do that via Cineware and the Cel Render option, but the lines are really thin and doesn't look like hand drawn at all. Any suggestions (AE-effects) how this could work? The problem is, that i must be able to change the path from the airplane if the client wants to so it needs to be 3D till the end. I'm not native, so sorry for my englisch. Hope anyone can help me out.

All the best,

Valentin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

That's what Sketch & Toon would be for in the full version of Cinema 4D. The basic Toon/ Cel shader is indeed quite limited. If the outlines are too thin, you might dabble with the Fresnel shader if you only have C4D Lite. Otherwise you can always render object buffers and "flat", unshaded pases from C4D and mangle them in AE to create your texture and outlines using layer styles, The Vegas effect and so on. As always - really depends on the specific look you are after.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what Sketch & Toon would be for in the full version of Cinema 4D. The basic Toon/ Cel shader is indeed quite limited. If the outlines are too thin, you might dabble with the Fresnel shader if you only have C4D Lite. Otherwise you can always render object buffers and "flat", unshaded pases from C4D and mangle them in AE to create your texture and outlines using layer styles, The Vegas effect and so on. As always - really depends on the specific look you are after.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Gonna give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines