Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download E-License file from server. Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't download the E-License file from the server. I keep receiving the error "The server could not be contacted to download a license." I have downloaded all patches from 8.0 - 8.3.1 and it is still prompting for an E-license file download despite a serial number being given. I have heard of instances where a config file cold be downloaded to suppress the message. Please advise on next actions.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is very old, I'm not sure if any servers would still be running to issue new licenses. Acrobat 8, 9 and 10 and soon 11 are all out of support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.  8 worked allowing an elic to be downloaded or returned just in the last few months.  We have licenses still to assign but adobe sees fit to cripple our software remotely.  We didnt buy it for a set number of years.  If they want to discontinue support thats fine just release the workaround and we wont bother you anymore otherwise pulling the plug remotely is a fraud.

I'm doing tech for my company.  If this was my personal software we'd have a very big problem now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever resolve this? I've just replaced an old laptop that had Acrobat Standard 8.1 working on Win10 perfectly OK, but has now 'timed out' on the new one and cannot download an e-licence. I've tried using what I had as a replacement serial #, which also now doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time has passed since this discussion. Acrobat 8 can no longer be activated. It is truly dead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pity they couldn't just allow people to continue using it even though support has stopped, as if it workes perfectly ok and does the job I need doing, why should I have to buy a 'new one'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Aging Adobe activation servers have been retired and hence the activation is failing. Please refer link Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8   for next available options to you.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines